Events - 90th Anniversary - Feis Shligigh 2019 Festival
Saturday 9th February 2019 (Craobh Comórtaisí)
Sunday 10th February 2019 (Grades)
Clayton Hotel Sligo 071-9119000 www.claytonhotelsligo.com
Trophy Solo: €5 per Dance (Bun, Tus, Mean)
Craobh Comórtaisi: €25 (includes 3 results)
Preliminary Championships: €30 (incorporated in the Championships)
Rince Foirne: €3 per person.
Door Admission: €5
Denise Elebert ADCRG Dublin
Vourneen McLaughlin ADCRG Derry
Linda Ball Hoban ADCRG Limerick
Paul O’Donnell (Belfast)
Trophy awarded to all 1st Places in Bun, Tus & Mean Grades. Sashes and Trophies awarded to top 5 dancers in Craobh Comórtaisí.
Sashes and Trophies awarded to top 3 dancers in Preliminary Championships
Syllabus Approved by: Noreen Redmond (Feis Registrar an Comhairle Connacht)
Saturday 9th February 2019
Entries in advance, if possible, please, on or before Thursday 7th February to Maureen Carroll, Breeogue, Knocknahur, Co. Sligo.
Cheques made payable to Feis Shligigh.
Entries would be appreciated by email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org but will be accepted on the day of the Feis.
Pay Entries & Collect Numbers on arrival.
(100% recall if there are 15 or less competitors)
Grades Open to All Regions
(Entries taken on the day)
Sunday 10th February 2019
RIALACHA – RULES
1. Entries will only be accepted from teachers currently registered with An Coimisiún le Rince Gaelacha.
2. Objections must be lodged in writing within 10 minutes of the results of a competition and be accompanied by a fee of €20, which will be refunded should the objection be upheld.
3. The use of any form of unauthorized photography which has the capacity of capturing a dancer’s image while in motion is strictly forbidden during the competitions. Any person found in breach of this rule will be asked to leave the competition hall. Videoing of competitions is strictly forbidden.
4. The Adjudicator’s decision is final.
5. The Feis Committee will not accept responsibility for personal injuries or articles lost, damaged or stolen at the Feis.
6. Smoking is strictly forbidden in any part of the hotel.
7. The Committee, as far as practical, will provide a stage surface suitable for dancing. However, the Committee cannot accept any liability whatsoever for injuries sustained while on stage. The lodgement of any entry will be deemed to be acceptance of these rules by a dancer and his/her parents/guardian.
8. Age to be taken from 1st January 2019.
9. Committee Members only may approach the Adjudicators.
10. The use of fake tan, make-up, bun wigs, full wigs and solo costumes are strictly forbidden in Bungrád and Túsgrád competitions. This is a Connacht ruling and we would appreciate anyone travelling from other regions to abide by this rule.
11. Bungrád and Túsgrád competitions are confined to competitors who have never won 1st place for the dance specified in any registered competition in any other grade or under any age limit.
12. Meangrád competitions are confined to competitors who have never previously won 1st place in Meangrád or Ardgrád in any other registered competitions for the dance specified for that competition or in any solo competition designated a Championship or Príomh Comórtas under the maximum age limit specified for that Meangrád or under a higher age limit.
13. Preliminary Championships (8-9 years upwards) are confined to competitors who have not been placed in the top 5 in an Open Championship judged by 3 or more adjudicators. The dancer must not have qualified for the Worlds in 2018 or 2019 (with the exception of the boys who are eligible if they qualified but were not placed in the top 3 at their Regional Oireachtas and who otherwise fulfil the Prelim criteria). The dancer must have not recalled in the actual Championship at the All-Ireland 2017 or 2018. Competitors must not have won a Preliminary Championship more than two times in the current year. If the dancer has not succeeded in placing in the top 5 but has won two Preliminary Championships in the current year, they are eligible to dance preliminary again the following year.
Reminder: All cups are perpetual. Please return last year’s cups.
Entry Form, Rules and Information to Download and Print
Entry Form requires Adobe Reader - Click here if you are having problems opening it
About the Feis
Feis Shligigh was founded in 1903 as a Gaelic Feis for Connacht. The aims are the revival of our national Language and Heritage. Dr. Douglas Hyde, first President of Ireland, adjudicated the Irish Language Competitions in those early days.After a few years the Feis lapsed until 1929 and since then has continued to grow from year to year to the present day. All sections of the Feis ran concurrently during Easter Week until 2006 when, because of increasing numbers of competitors, it now takes place over 3 weekends before Easter ending with 4 days of Drama during Holy Week.