1. First Prizewinners at any Feis are eligible to enter for Prize-winners Competition.
2. In age limit Competitions, a competitors age shall be reckoned as on the 1st day of January of the year of the competition.
3. Prizes will not be awarded unless the Adjudicators are satisfied that the required standard has been reached. A second prize may not be awarded unless four entrants compete.
4. Entry fees are not returnable.
5. All cups and Trophies must be returned to the Secretary, in good condition by the relevant closing date for entries.
Cup holders’ entries will not be accepted unless this condition is adhered to. Any loss or damage caused to the cups must be made good by the holder.
6. All entries must be on the Official Entry Form and accompanied by the appropriate fee.
7. Entries must be in the hands of the Secretary of the particular section on the date specified on the syllabus.
8. Competitors must send stamped addressed envelope with Entry for Competitors Cards and Time Table.
9. The decision of the Adjudicators shall, in all cases, be final.
10. Test pieces and performances in all competitions may be heard in whole or in part at the discretion of the Adjudicator.
11. In all competitions that have conditions attached, the Committee may demand proof that such conditions have been fulfilled. Refusal to provide proof will disqualify.
12. Objections shall be made in writing as follows:
(a) to Committee member or Stage Steward present at time of competition (b) To Hon. Secretary
All objections must be accompanied by €10 fee, returnable if objection is upheld
13. Competitors can obtain their original mark sheets free of charge, where available
14. The conditions to be found under heading of various competitions in the Syllabus are to be read as part of these conditions and must be complied with under penalty of disqualification.
15. Competitors will be admitted free to the Halls during the day on which they compete, up to the end of the afternoon session.
16. The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry
17. The decision of the Committee on all questions arising out of, or not provided for in these rules shall be final.
18. Only those whose names appear in the list of competitors will be allowed to compete.
19. All cups and trophies are perpetual.
20. The handing over of any Trophy will be at the discretion of the Executive Committee of Feis Shligigh.
21. Entries on official Feis Shligigh entry forms, accompanied by full entry fee (except irish dancing) must reach the secretary of the particular section not later than Saturday 22nd February, 2020. After this date entries may be accepted only at the discretion of the executive committee.
22. Competitors in the 14-16 and Over 16 age groups will not be permitted to perform a piece for which they have been awarded First Prize in the previous year at Feis Shligigh.
23. The Committee reserves the right to change the Venue, Time or Order of competitions where necessity dictates
24. The adjudicators will only hear competitors on the day and time specifed in th Feis programme
25. Perpetual Cups and Trophies may not be taken abroad.
Reminder: All cups are perpetual. Please return last year’s cups.
Ref: Children First: National Guidelines for the Protection and Welfare of ChildrenImplemented from 1st February 2011Preliminary Statement: The safety of children and vulnerable adults is paramount and all, without exception, have the right to protection.
1. Purpose and Function of the organisation known as Feis Shligigh: Feis Shligigh provides a platform for amateur performance in Music, Speech & Drama in Irish & English, and Irish Dancing with an educational element from Professional Adjudicators and Specialists.
2. The Festival Environment: Feis Shligigh invites parents,guardians and teachers to join in partnership with them in order to ensure, as far as it is reasonably practicable, a safe environment at the Festival. It is the responsibility of all parents and/or guardians to care for their children and those in their care while attending the Festival. Feis Shligigh will not act “in loco parentis” in the care of minors. All areas in each venue used by the Feis which are open to the public are not supervised by Feis Personnel.
3. To whom this Policy applies: This Policy relates to children under the age of 18 years and those vulnerable adults of any age who are identified to the organisers prior to their arrival at the Festival. Feis Shligigh actively seeks to meet needs notified to the Festival Organisers by parents, guardians and/or teachers.
4. Festival Personnel: All Feis Shligigh Committee Members and Staff are identifiable by a White Badge bearing the name and logo of the Feis and their own name. Please inform your child to make contact with a Committee / Staff member should they have any enquiry or experience any difficulty.
5. Attendance at the Festival: Unaccompanied children and minors may be admitted at the discretion of the Executive Committee. Feis staff will not be responsible for the supervision or care of unaccompanied children and minors. Where parents, guardians and carers are not personally attending the Feis with their children, this Policy requires that they are satisfied that their children will be accompanied to the Feis and adequately supervised by responsible adults acting on their behalf.
6. Photographs, Video/Audio Recording and Press Photography: Use of any kind of audio or visual equipment is strictly prohibited for the protection of all children attending and participating at the Feis . Parents, Guardians and Teachers are requested to help ensure that this prohibition is enforced.An Official Photographer and Journalist from the Media may attend and will be identified by Name Badge or ID Card. Any request for Photographs or Interviews will be directed to the Parent, Guardian or Teacher. Please ensure your child, Guardian and Teacher are aware of your position on the use of Photographs and Interviews for Newspaper publication.
7. Policy Review: The Executive Committee of Feis Shligigh will constantly review this Policy, improving and enhancing as necessary.